Budapest Keleti pályaudvar

Budapest Keleti pályaudvar

Budapest Keleti pályaudvar (often abbreviated Budapest Keleti pu), Hungarian for Budapest Eastern Railway Station is the largest among the three main railway stations (together with Nyugati pályaudvar and Déli pályaudvar) in Budapest. It can be found in the 8th district (Józsefváros), on Baross Square. The building was constructed in eclectic style between 1881 and 1884 and was one of the most modern railway stations of Europe in that time. It was planned by Gyula Rochlitz and János Feketeházy. The main façade is adorned with two statues of James Watt and George Stephenson.

Budapest photos: Museum of Ethnology | Danube river | Danube river | Budapest Keleti railway station |

Danube promenadeBudapest tramDanube riverMuseum of Ethnology

Permalink: Budapest Keleti pályaudvar